Building code of conduct
We strive to make Hive a welcoming place. We have a dedicated staff team and some wonderful committed volunteers who maintain the building, but please help us by clearing up after yourself and leaving the building slightly tidier than you found it!
Hive is a non-smoking environment (including e-cigarettes and vaping). Smoking is not permitted anywhere except the marked smoking area in the car park near the main entrance.
Hive has a free car park, with the entrance off Crowgill Road opposite the park. This car park is shared with The Kirkgate Centre and can get busy. Please do not block other users in or use the disabled spaces inappropriately. There is additional parking on Crowgill Road (2 hour limit) and a pay & display park adjacent to our own car park.
We have a fully accessible disabled toilet and ramp access throughout the building.
Tea and coffee is available with an honesty box for donations.
Membership terms & conditions
- act in a responsible way to safeguard your own health and safety and that of others, in line with Hive’s Health & Safety Policy
- respect the different backgrounds, experiences and lifestyles of others
- act in ways which do not discriminate against people of different backgrounds (in line with Hive’s Equality & Diversity Policy)
- not use language that could offend others (eg. racist, sexist, homophobic, ageist or language offensive to people with a disability)
- comply with all other Hive policies, as displayed in the workshop and studios or available on request
- respect Hive’s commitment to providing value for money activities by attending pre-booked courses or giving good notice of non-attendance.
Membership can be revoked at Hive’s discretion if you fail to adhere to these terms and conditions.
Course terms & conditions
If you are attending a course at Hive it is important to make yourself familiar with our code of conduct.
In the event that a course fills up, we operate a first-come-first-served waiting list. You can add yourself to the waiting list via our website or by contacting the office.
If you have to miss a course session, please contact us to let us know (leave a message if out of hours), making sure you let us know your name and which course you were due to attend.
If you are absent from two sessions without notifying us, we reserve the right to reallocate your place to somebody else. Your course fee will not be refunded. In the event of persistent absence without notification we reserve the right to cancel your bookings for other courses too.
Cancellation and refunds
Hive reserve the right to cancel courses which do not book up sufficiently to make the viable. In that case you will be notified and you will be given the choice of transferring your course fee to another course, or having it refunded in full.
If you are unable to attend a course, please notify us as soon as possible so that we can offer your place to somebody else.
Your course fee will be refunded if we receive notice two weeks before the course start date. With shorter notice, Hive will only refund course fees in exceptional circumstances.