This course is designed for English speaking enthusiasts who would like to learn the art of Arabic calligraphy from scratch.
Participants will have the opportunity to learn about the “THULUTH Script,” a large and elegant script used in medieval times on building decorations.
No prior skills or experience is needed. Join with your creative spirit.
This course is split into 10 sessions in which we will cover:
- Session 1: Introduction to the writing system and calligraphy. Introduction to traditional Arabic calligraphy tools.
- Sessions 2 to 7: Scaling and measuring different Arabic alphabets. Comparing and translating Arabic with English alphabets using puzzles, quizzes, questionnaires and other resources.
- Sessions 8 to 10: Production of a calligraphic composition. Art work produced by participants will be shared on Hives social media sites (unless this is undesired).
We have set up a creative helpline for anybody who needs support with technical arrangements for accessing our online services. For example:
- if you would like to access our online workshops on Facebook but need help setting up an account
- if you need help booking a drop-in session
- if you have booked one of our online courses and need help setting up to access the course via Zoom.
For assistance, please contact:
- Charles: 07754 821157 (available 10am-4pm Mon-Fri)
- Joy: 07730 396900 (available 9am-5pm Mon-Thu).