29 September 2023
Please note that this course will take place at St. Peters Church, Moorhead Ln, Shipley BD18 4JH.
• Collage offers a great way to make unusual prints with strong sculptural qualities. A collagraph is a type of printmaking, traditionally made from a collaged printmaking plate.
• Shapes and textures are layered on a plate and sealed with a gloss varnish.
• The wiping removes ink from the uppermost surface area, but leaves plenty of pigment embedded around the textural elements, and caught against the curbs of layered shapes on the collage.
• When the inked and wiped collagraph plate is pressed against paper – usually on a press, (but also rubbed with a baren or spoon) the resulting collagraph print is richly textured and wonderful.
• You will receive clear step by step instructions to explore the different applications of collagraph.
• At the end of the session you will have the skills to be able to produce a collagraph at home.
Please wear closed toe shoes (no sandals). Bring an apron or wear an old shirt as the process gets a little messy.