28 April 2023
Learn basic sewing skills by making a simple skirt to fit either and adult or child from a commercial sewing pattern using a domestic sewing machine. You will learn a range of techniques to give you confidence to start making wearable well fitting garments.
By the end of 5 weeks you will:
· Know how to prepare a commercial paper pattern and fabric for cutting out
· Accurately cut out the required number of pattern pieces.
· Discover different ways of transferring pattern markings to fabric
· Understand making fabric manipulation to shape garments including darts, tucks and gathers
· Correctly set up sewing machine; thread up, thread tension, stitch length and type
· Sew straight seams and finish off appropriately.